As a member of Indian Medical Association, will educate and counsel my patients, accompanying relatives, my staff & colleagues...
1. on hygiene and food safety.
2. on ill-effects of consuming adlterated food and direct them to resources to check these food adulterants at home.
3. on the importance of reducing fat, salt and sugar in diet and eating a balanced diet for good health.
4. on the importance of including fortiﬁed ingredients in the diet to reduce micronutrient deﬁciencies.
5. on the importance of eating healthy food and breastfeeding infants upto 2 years.
6. on reducing food waste at home and share surplus food with those in need.
The member of Indian Dietetic Association / Nutrition Society of India, will
1. stress on the importance of maintaining personal and surrounding hygiene to my clients & colleagues.
2. demonstrate ways of checking common food adulterants using resources developed by FSSAI.
3. educate people about healthy diets, encourage the adoption of healthy habits through behaviour change techniques and disseminate/create resources for the same.
4. encourage people to buy fortiﬁed food products available in the market.
5. educate pregnant and lactating mothers regarding healthy foods and locally made complementary food for infants;
6. educate people on behaviour change strategies to reduce food waste such as portion control, best buying, storing and cooking practices.
The member of Association of Food Technologists and Scientists, will
1. advocate use of safe ingredients for the development of food products.
2. advocate testing of food products for adulteration.
3. support the development of healthy products low in fat, salt and sugar.
4. assist the food industry to adopt fortiﬁed foods and conduct trainings for FSO's
5. help train frontline health workers to disseminate health messages in the community.
6. advocate for and develop innovative ways of reducing food waste.
The member of Association of Analytical Chemists, India Chapter will
1. disseminate information on tests for food safety and ways to prevent the growth of pathogens that cause food-borne illnesses.
2. review and update the repository of tests to detect food adulterants, periodically.
3. help determine the accurate nutrient and caloriﬁc values for food products for public education.
4. develop simple and easy methods to detect fortiﬁcants in fortiﬁed foods for the masses.
5. develop methods to evaluate nutrition composition for pregnant and lactating mothers.
6. spread awareness among my professional community to reduce food waste.
As a Researcher / Professor, will
1. communicate simple tips on food safety to students and peers.
2. supervise students to carry out analytical studies on food safety.
3. encourage youth to accord nutrition a priority in their research work especially focussing on local, seasonal and indigenous varieties.
4. develop better technologies to fortify food products.
5. encourage the students & peers to devote time in the community to understand the prevalence of nutrition related problems especially during pregnancy and lactation and underlying factors.
6. advocate for adopting ways to recycle food waste including setting up of compost pits at the institutions.
The member of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations, will
1. adopt and showcase best practices on food safety in the kitchen.
2. ensure foods are tested for adulterants before use in the kitchen and propagate the same in the chef community.
3. create healthy recipes made from local, seasonal and varied ingredients for all regions.
4. use fortiﬁed ingredients and advocate for the same across the food industry.
5. develop and disseminate healthy recipes for pregnant women and lactating mothers.
6. ensure best practices in reducing food waste in restaurants and ensure the sharing of surplus food with those in need.